It would appear that selecting a commercial cleaning service to maintain their facility is a simple job. Most facility managers, who are in charge of maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of their buildings, understand that this is not as easy as it seems. The services required are determined by the type of facility and its requirements. If it’s a supermarket, a department store, or even a hospital, the appearance of the facility is critical to its success. A soiled appearance leaves a negative impact! Cleaning is a $80 billion sector, so there are plenty of commercial cleaning services to choose from, some of which have opted to franchise. Check out this JAN-PRO of Southwest Florida
They range in size from small to medium to large, and each has its own set of services to offer. So, what should you be looking for when making a decision?
Let’s start with the location and size of the facility. The list of commercial cleaning services to study is narrowed down based on the type of company and the size of your facility. Do you have a number of places that need to be serviced? Next, decide on the services you need, including the type of surface(s) to be cleaned and the frequency at which you need them. Finally, set a budget for yourself. It’s time to start the interview process once you have this list in place. Make a list of all the questions you have.
There are likely several areas or types of areas to clean in a mid-size to large facility. Every place has floors to clean and maintain, whether it’s a store, retail space, school, hospital, or even a warehouse. What kind of surface is it, though? Is it ceramic, vinyl, concrete, or carpet that you’re looking for? Don’t forget about the walls, too. If it’s a supermarket, department cleaning might be needed, such as meat rooms, bakeries, delis, and hot foods, among other things… Is it a hospital? Hospitals and schools must maintain their own level of “clean,” with specific laws, regulations, and procedures to obey. Choosing a larger commercial cleaning company with a wide range of services is possibly the best option. Be sure to include commercial cleaning service franchises on your list, as they typically provide the services you’ll need and can deliver them to several locations if necessary.
Here are a few key questions to consider when selecting the best cleaning service:
1. What are their areas of expertise?
2. Do they operate as a franchise? Is it possible for them to serve several locations if necessary?
3. Do they have the necessary personnel to provide the services you require?
4. What is their background?
5. What kind of cleaning supplies do they employ? What is the reason for this?
6. Who are the clients with whom they actually provide services? Do they have any experience working with companies similar to yours?
7. Do they have any testimonials? A commercial cleaning company that can provide you with at least three references from current clients also shows that they are secure in their ability to provide the services you need and in the manner in which you want your facility to look.
You should seek out a well-rounded commercial cleaning service with a track record of customer retention. After all, you don’t want to have to go through the recruiting process again and again. Examine the responses to these questions carefully to help you narrow down your list of potential cleaning services. Before making your final decision, there are a few additional factors to consider.